cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

VARIABLE DIMENSION

WilliamPatterso
1-Newbie

VARIABLE DIMENSION

I have a tabulated drawing with a family of simular parts. I want a liniar dimension labeled "L" how can I over wright the numerical value with a lable the corrisponds to the value in the table?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

William, First of all, rename the dimension from the default name (such as d12) to L. Then, in the drawing, access the dimension properties by double-clicking the dimension. Edit the dimension text from @D to @S. The dimension will display symbolically rather than numerically, showing the symbol L. You can automate a table for a family of parts. The part would have to have a family table in the 3d model to vary the dimension L. Then in the drawing, set up a table with a repeat region (of 2D type, not the simple type) That will allow you to display in the table the range of values of L and the names of the associated parts.
Top Tags