cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

VBA

SM_9943577
5-Regular Member

VBA

Hi,

I have certain questions pl. help me in getting solutions;

1) How to check that the installed creo (i have ptc 5.0) is installed with VB API or it supports VBA?

2) Through VBA i have to open the creo and set the working directory without going opening the creo manually is it possible through vba?

3) There is an assembly of 5 different components & each each component has different parameters (like family table but however i will not be making the family table) then is it possible to write program in excel vba to automatically replace parts with the existing part in the assembly?

Regards,

Shubham Mehta

2 REPLIES 2

If you have installed the VB API, then you should have a folder like this:

<installation folder of creo>\Creo 5.0\<datecode>\Common Files\vbapi

In that folder, you should have a PDF-file called "vbug.pdf", the "VB API User's Guide", which has more than 230 pages of all the functions of the VB API with a lot of examples.

That document should get you started!

SM_9943577
5-Regular Member
(To:HamsterNL)

Thank you HamsterNL for the guidance....i found it that document in local folder.

Can you do one favour could you share one simple part driving through vba as an example.

Regards,

Shubham

Top Tags