cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Visio 13 and Creo 3;M100 issues

cjones
4-Participant

Visio 13 and Creo 3;M100 issues

Hi Folks,

Has anyone seen issues where text overlaps on top of it's self after modifying a Visio 13 file in Creo 3;M100? I am able to not have this issue when using Visio 10, but will consistently have this issue when running Visio 13 and Creo 3:M100......

Lou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
10 REPLIES 10

Hello Clive,

You can check in Annotation Drawing browser to which model the drawing is linked using (Right click) Options > Long Names.

in my case, here I have 3 version of the model loaded.

Hello Dominique,

Many thanks. But how can I tell which of the 3 versions the drawing has been updated to? And how can I make sure that it has been updated to the highest version?

Best regards, Clive

Hello Clive,

Even if there are model version, they have a different name (here 953805, 953805.1 and 953805.2) , so you can identify which one is used in you drawing.

Kind regards,

Dominique

Hello Dominique,

in Annotation the long name is always the same, regardless of which version of the model is loaded in Modeling.

The only way I have found to ensure that the drawing is updated to a particular version of the model is to ensure that only this version of the model is loaded in modeling.

This method, however, is not practical when dealing with a large assembly in which several versions of the same model have been used.

So how can I see in Annotation which version of the model the drawing has been updated to without using this workaround? And how can I ensure that the drawing has been updated to a particular version (such as the highest)  without having to remove all other versions of the model?

Best regards, Clive

GaryLinscheid
15-Moonstone
(To:cjones)

Are you using Model Manager? If so, look at the Model Status tab in the DB Properties of the drawing object.

cjones
4-Participant
(To:GaryLinscheid)

Hello Gary,

Yes, we are using ModelManager, and the tab "Model Status" is an excellent way to discover which version of the model was used the last time the drawing was saved.

But how do I find out in Annotation which version of the model was used BEFORE the drawing is saved to the database? And how can I decide which version of the model Annotation should use for the update?

Best regards, Clive

MaxR.Kublin
12-Amethyst

Hello Mr. Jones,

Your observation is correct.

Or in other words - Annotation does not distinguish between the different versions of the 3D Model.
The only safe way is to load the drawing and exactly the version of the 3D Model that is related to this drawing (as indicated by "Model Status".

If you are under support, please log a support case with PTC to find out if the behavior is still the same as in V18.

Regards,

Max

MaxR.Kublin
12-Amethyst
cjones
4-Participant
(To:MaxR.Kublin)

Hello Max,

That was exactly the information I was after. Many thanks. I will organize a support case.

Best regards, Clive

MaxR.Kublin
12-Amethyst

Hello Clive,

Provided that the above mentioned article is up-to-date, the behavior is still the same in V20.

Feel free to post the outcome of your support case.

Thanks,

Max

Top Tags