cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

WF 5 "Go To Sheet" command...

DarrinHiebert
1-Newbie

WF 5 "Go To Sheet" command...

We're working on our config files for WF 5. We're currently on WF 2, so we have a lot to do, which is fine, because we probably needed a good house cleaning anyway.

We have this very specific need inside of drawing, that I cannot replicate in WF5, that has worked up to this point.

I want to start on ANY sheet in a drawing. Then, use the "Go To Sheet" command to go to Sheet 1. Once there, I want to go to the PREVIOUS sheet, and then export whatever is on that sheet to a DXF file. We have ALL of our drawings setup such that the final sheet, no matter how many sheets there are in a drawing, is always the sheet that contains the DXF model. Some drawings have 2 sheets, and some have 5, and we're everywhere in between those numbers, so I can't just say, "Go to sheet 3".

There has always been a "Go To Sheet" under view, and it's not there anymore. I have figured out that I can click on the SHEET 2 0F 5, in the bottom area of the drawing, and get to the GO TO SHEET 1, and then PREV, but I cannot seem to make that work reliably, because our sheet sizes are not always the same, and things move around, or so it seems. I've also noticed that the same things don't work from session to session. I can get it working, and then with a new drawing, it doesn't, and sometimes, it works in session, but doesn't work after a restart of the session. So something is flaky in my mapkey.

Did they move this command to some place that I can't find, or am I missing something totally obvious here???

Darrin Hiebert

Excel Industries, Inc.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Darrin,
if possible for you, this task is very easy to program in J-Link.

Pseudecode:

Session session = pfcGlobal.GetProESession();
Drawing curdrw = (Drawing) session.GetCurrentModel();
DXFExportInstructions dxfei= pfcModel.DXFExportInstructions_Create();
curdrw.SetCurrentSheetNumber(curdrw.GetNumberOfSheets());
curdrw.Display();
curdrw.Export("dxftemp.dxf", dxfei);

Regards,
Bjarne

Darrin Hiebert <->
06-05-2010 14:54
Please respond to
Darrin Hiebert <->

To
-
cc

Subject
[proecad] - WF 5 "Go To Sheet" command...

We're working on our config files for WF 5. We're currently on WF 2, so
we have a lot to do, which is fine, because we probably needed a good
house cleaning anyway.

We have this very specific need inside of drawing, that I cannot replicate
in WF5, that has worked up to this point.

I want to start on ANY sheet in a drawing. Then, use the "Go To Sheet"
command to go to Sheet 1. Once there, I want to go to the PREVIOUS sheet,
and then export whatever is on that sheet to a DXF file. We have ALL of
our drawings setup such that the final sheet, no matter how many sheets
there are in a drawing, is always the sheet that contains the DXF model.
Some drawings have 2 sheets, and some have 5, and we're everywhere in
between those numbers, so I can't just say, "Go to sheet 3".

There has always been a "Go To Sheet" under view, and it's not there
anymore. I have figured out that I can click on the SHEET 2 0F 5, in the
bottom area of the drawing, and get to the GO TO SHEET 1, and then PREV,
but I cannot seem to make that work reliably, because our sheet sizes are
not always the same, and things move around, or so it seems. I've also
noticed that the same things don't work from session to session. I can
get it working, and then with a new drawing, it doesn't, and sometimes, it
works in session, but doesn't work after a restart of the session. So
something is flaky in my mapkey.

Did they move this command to some place that I can't find, or am I
missing something totally obvious here???

Darrin Hiebert
Excel Industries, Inc.

Site Links: View post online View mailing list online Send new post
via email Unsubscribe from this mailling list Manage your subscription
Use of this email content is governed by the terms of service at:

I have heard from two respondents so far, and made one more observation:

1) Use menu mapper, which was the first thing that I thought of. However, Menu Mapper only goes to WF 4, so that doesn't help me, especially since Go To Sheet still existed in WF 4. If there is a Menu Mapper for WF 5, that link would be great. (I couldn't find it on PTC's web site either)

2) Use Java, and this user supplied me with some starting Java code, which was much appreciated! While this is probably the "best" solution, I'd like to avoid that at this point, because I just don't know enough about it, and it's not easy for me to change at this point. I really wish that I knew more about this, but right now, I just don't.

3) Observation: The forward and backward arrow buttons at the bottom of the page tab section do NOT move me forward or backward in the sheets. I'm assuming that's what they are there for, but they don't do anything. Maybe they do something else, that I haven't figured out yet.

But, I stumbled onto another solution that may work, and I wondered if others have used, and how stable it is. I was playing around with all of the menu picks in WF 5, trying to see if there was something that I had overlooked. I stumbled onto Tools/Drawing Repsentation, and the underlying menus. On that menu structure, there is functionality to create a drawing rep that takes you to sheet 1. Once I'm there, I can then use the navigation to go back one page, and it will put me on the final sheet of the drawing.

I've never had a need to use drawing reps, and I never even knew that they existed until now. Have others used these for anything, and are they pretty stable and reliable, or is there some other glitch that I should be aware when using these???
Top Tags