cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

WF4.0 Feature Recognition Tool install

JoeFrancz
1-Newbie

WF4.0 Feature Recognition Tool install

I am looking for some help with installing the Feature Recognition tool with WF4 M150. I downloaded the program from PTC and followed the instructions. When I startup pro I keep getting the following error message: feat_recgn_dll failed to start.

Thanks in advance

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Let us assume, the install directory of the Feature Recongnition Tool is "C:\FRT".
This directory has 2 subfolders, "bin" and "text", and the 2 files "frt.dat" and "config.win". The directory "bin" also has two subfolders, "i486_nt" (contains the 32 bit DLL "pt_feat_recgn.dll") and "x86e_win64" (contains the 64 bit DLL with the SAME name "pt_feat_recgn.dll").
Now edit the file frt.dat:

exec_file C:\FRT\bin\$PRO_MACHINE_TYPE\pt_feat_recgn.dll
text_dir C:\FRT\text

As last step, add the line (without quotes) "protkdat C:\FRT\frt.dat" to your config.pro file and it should work.

P.S.: The variable $PRO_MACHINE_TYPE in the path of the file frt.dat should ensure that if you start a 32 bit Pro/E, the 32 bit DLL gets used and if you start a 64 bit Pro/E, the 64 bit DLL gets used.

Regards, Domenic

Ok, it's been a while and I only did this once (disclaimer) but I think
this is the issue.

In your config.pro file you should have a line that looks like this

toolkit_registry_file C:\Program Files (x86)\proeWildfire
4.0\frt_wf4_m060_47.01_win64\frt.dat

Also, you should have a folder in your Pro/E loadpoint
C:\Program Files (x86)\proeWildfire 4.0\frt_wf4_m060_47.01_win64

the frt.dat file in this folder should be edited to set the path

ours looks like this

#Feature Recognition Tool Version :: 47.01
name feat_recgn_dll
startup dll
exec_file C:\Program Files (x86)\proeWildfire
4.0\frt_wf4_m060_47.01_win64\pt_feat_recgn.dll
text_dir C:\Program Files (x86)\proeWildfire
4.0\frt_wf4_m060_47.01_win64\text
allow_stop true
delay_start false
end

Hope this helps

Bob Frindt
Sr. Designer
Parker Hannifin Corporation
Parker Aerospace
Gas Turbine Fuel Systems Division
8940 Tyler Boulevard
Mentor, OH 44060 USA
direct (440) 266-2359

Ok I found the problem. First of all want to that everyone that sent me suggestions. After further investigation I found that I had the 32 bit of pro/e installed and not the 64 bit. I was trying to install the FRT for the 64bit version of pro on a 32 bit install.

Solution: Installed the 64 bit of pro and everything works great.

Again thanks for all the supplied their input.

Top Tags