cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

WF5/Weld: Is it possible to use a datum curve or surface for a weld chain or surface selection?

tdude
1-Newbie

WF5/Weld: Is it possible to use a datum curve or surface for a weld chain or surface selection?

Hello all,

I am currently working with the Weld module in creo elements/pro WF5 and would much appreciate if someone could give me some advice on how to handle following case:

Context:

In assembly, weld exterior of each side of a sheetmetal rectange (with a bend at 90°) on a revolved wall.

The sheetmetal rectangle is fixed in space with 2 datum planes and one tangency condition towards the revolved wall.

There is a small space between the rectangle and the revolved wall.

Issue:

Any of the weld features fail when selecting the revolved wall surface as second interface of weld (due to big radius maybe).

Approach to bypass issue, correct?:

To bypass this I have been trying to create a datum curve or surface placed on the revolved wall in proximity of the weld as second interface.

However the weld feature does not let me select this datum curve or surface.

My question is somewhat related to following post: http://communities.ptc.com/message/238712#238712

Only I would like to use part of a surface or a datum curve. This being said, I was not able to reproduce the method described in post above either with a simple copy paste of surface. Again the weld feature would not let me select the copied surface.

Thank you.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags