cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

WHERE SHOULD I DECLARE THE LOCATION OF START UP PARTS

ptc-2897425
1-Newbie

WHERE SHOULD I DECLARE THE LOCATION OF START UP PARTS

I am importing data from step format but i want pro e to use my start up part while importing data from step format. how can i achive this, iam guessing that i have to declare my start up Part and start up asm location so that when ever pro/e tries to create a part or asm it will use these start up files. can any one help me on this. I am a old pro/e user forgot most of the stuff in using proe. Thanks in advance Ramesh
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

You can create a new part,than insert--> shared date-->from file! you should set up files what you want from template.

First do you need set templates for Start Parts in configuration file (configuration_option and path_to_start_part):

- for solid part:

template_solidpart D:\start_models\start_part.prt

- for sheetmetal part:

template_sheetmetalpart D:\start_models\start_smtpart.prt

- for assembly:

template_designasm D:\start_models\start_asm.asm

... then you can open your data: see video

Video Link : 2945

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
Top Tags