cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Want to automate the pulling of features (PRO_MP_MASS, PRO_MP_VOLUME, PRO_MP_DENSITY, PRO_MP_AREA)

aprevost
1-Newbie

Want to automate the pulling of features (PRO_MP_MASS, PRO_MP_VOLUME, PRO_MP_DENSITY, PRO_MP_AREA)

Is there a way to read the raw text of a prt file and extract the features PRO_MP_MASS, PRO_MP_VOLUME, PRO_MP_DENSITY, PRO_MP_AREA in an automated way.  Looks like the prt files contains these but I can't figure out how it is encoded.  Would like to pull this information with Excel VBA or Python for all prt files in a folder for instance.  Thanks!

How the text looks opened in Excel: ãPRO_MP_MASS=õë~Õ(ã2÷(»™½’d¥÷ã2(»™½’d¥÷öáãöööñ÷ãöööò÷ ãPRO_MP_VOLUME>õë~Õ(ã2-Ë+žL•,÷ã2-Ë+žL•,÷öáãöö@öñ÷ãöö@öò÷ ãPRO_MP_DENSITY?õë~Õ(ã2#à@¿ã°>!÷ã2#à@¿ã°>!÷ööáãööFöñ÷ãööFöò÷ ãPRO_MP_AREA@õë~Õ(ã2-ÂiÐ9ŽÏ÷ã2-ÂiÐ9ŽÏ÷öáãöö;öñ÷ãöö;öò÷

These are the actual values
PRO_MP_MASS=0.107804
PRO_MP_VOLUME=13910.145456
PRO_MP_DENSITY=0.000008
PRO_MP_AREA=9260.826667

2 REPLIES 2
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:aprevost)

The Creo Parametric files are encrypted, so I don't think it's possible.

Have you looked at using Pro/BATCH (Creo Distributed Batch)?

You can use Pro/BATCH to run a mapkey for each file specified in the batch run.  If your mapkey runs the mass properties, you'll have all the .m_p files from which you can extract the data.

Regards,

Dan N.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:aprevost)

I doubt it is possible because as you are seeing the data is encrypted.

We pulled the data into Windchill at one company, so I would guess it is in the Windchill database someplace. Might take 2 or 3 tables linked to get the data back to a usable form.

What are you planning on doing with the data once you get it extracted? That might trigger some other ideas of how to get the data.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags