cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Want to automate the pulling of features (PRO_MP_MASS, PRO_MP_VOLUME, PRO_MP_DENSITY, PRO_MP_AREA)

aprevost
1-Newbie

Want to automate the pulling of features (PRO_MP_MASS, PRO_MP_VOLUME, PRO_MP_DENSITY, PRO_MP_AREA)

Is there a way to read the raw text of a prt file and extract the features PRO_MP_MASS, PRO_MP_VOLUME, PRO_MP_DENSITY, PRO_MP_AREA in an automated way.  Looks like the prt files contains these but I can't figure out how it is encoded.  Would like to pull this information with Excel VBA or Python for all prt files in a folder for instance.  Thanks!

How the text looks opened in Excel: ãPRO_MP_MASS=õë~Õ(ã2÷(»™½’d¥÷ã2(»™½’d¥÷öáãöööñ÷ãöööò÷ ãPRO_MP_VOLUME>õë~Õ(ã2-Ë+žL•,÷ã2-Ë+žL•,÷öáãöö@öñ÷ãöö@öò÷ ãPRO_MP_DENSITY?õë~Õ(ã2#à@¿ã°>!÷ã2#à@¿ã°>!÷ööáãööFöñ÷ãööFöò÷ ãPRO_MP_AREA@õë~Õ(ã2-ÂiÐ9ŽÏ÷ã2-ÂiÐ9ŽÏ÷öáãöö;öñ÷ãöö;öò÷

These are the actual values
PRO_MP_MASS=0.107804
PRO_MP_VOLUME=13910.145456
PRO_MP_DENSITY=0.000008
PRO_MP_AREA=9260.826667

2 REPLIES 2
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:aprevost)

The Creo Parametric files are encrypted, so I don't think it's possible.

Have you looked at using Pro/BATCH (Creo Distributed Batch)?

You can use Pro/BATCH to run a mapkey for each file specified in the batch run.  If your mapkey runs the mass properties, you'll have all the .m_p files from which you can extract the data.

Regards,

Dan N.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:aprevost)

I doubt it is possible because as you are seeing the data is encrypted.

We pulled the data into Windchill at one company, so I would guess it is in the Windchill database someplace. Might take 2 or 3 tables linked to get the data back to a usable form.

What are you planning on doing with the data once you get it extracted? That might trigger some other ideas of how to get the data.

Top Tags