cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Weight Calculation in Parameters to Drawings

RussellLudwick
1-Newbie

Weight Calculation in Parameters to Drawings

I am trying to set it up so that it automatically calculates the weight as a parameter once you set the material. Then when you make a drawing, it is automatically linked to the parameter weight. If you make any changes I want the weight to automatically update in the model and drawing.

The pro_mp_mass only seems to work if you generate a report. I believe this is intentional for ram reasons, but functionally doesn't work.

I am trying to get around this by making a relation, along the lines of

Weight(parameter) = volume(from mass properties) * density(from material properties)

Then I link to the drawing table using &weight

Can anyone help me out with this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Before trying to create a relation try setting the config.pro option mass_property_calculate. When you regenerate the model the PRO_MP_MASS parameter is updated.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Before trying to create a relation try setting the config.pro option mass_property_calculate. When you regenerate the model the PRO_MP_MASS parameter is updated.

Thanks Kevin

That config change was all I needed. Mucho Gracias

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags