cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Weight Error

rmaddy
1-Newbie

Weight Error

Im rajesh. Im working in CREO 3.0 version. while in modelling and detailing. some times, I found error an weight. (Analysis\Mass Properties) I will get actual weight after assigning the material. but in drawing we use relation for weight (WEIGHT = PRO_MP_MASS). But it shows wrong valve, in parameter table also I check with weight as pro_mp_mass. but there also showing same error value, how can I solve this error.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:rmaddy)

File-Prepare

Model Properties

Change the Mass Properties

Calculate in that window, then OK and close

Regen your model and the weight will update

We have a mapkey that does that since we tend to change material type frequently.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Rajesh,

Generate report for mass properties using File > Prepare > Model Properties > Change Mass properties > Generate Report > Ok. I hope this will correct the value.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Rajesh,

Did you get the appropriate answer for your question? Kindly mark reply on post as correct answer.

yyuan
1-Newbie

The mass properties can be updated by manually regenerate report. But after updated the mass, the updated part will be treat as same part in Windchill. You cannot checked in. This is an big issue for generating drawings with proper weight info.

Top Tags