cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Weld on model, symbol on drawing

ptc-4863579
1-Newbie

Weld on model, symbol on drawing

I am running into a situation that someone might have an answer for. On a assembly model, I really like the option of showing the weld surface to show areas where there might be part interference, etc. However, doing this makes certain prints rather 'busy.' I tried putting the weld on a layer and hiding it in the print, but my weld symbol also disappears. Does anyone know a way to turn the weld surface off on the print without losing the weld symbol?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I am facing the same problem.

Experts wake up please give a solution!!!

-Ani

Sorry for the delayed reply, but here is one solution that I like. I have two layers for weld "stuff". For the sake of this discussion I will call these layers WELD_LYR_GEOM & WELD_LYR_SYM.

I have a RULE for assigning items to the WELD_LYR_GEOM that looks for all QUILTS by FEATURE TYPE = WELDING FEATURE & assigns these quilts to that layer. This allows me to hide or unhide just the 'geometry' part of the weld feature (we only use surface welds at this point so that works for us).

I have a RULE for assigning the symbol portion of the weld features to the layer called WELD_LYR_SYM that basically looks for ANNOTATIONS searching by FEATURE TYPE = WELDING FEATURE. I'm typing this without actually looking at those rules, so my terminology is probably not exact, but hopefully you can get the picture.

Having these two layers allows me to hid or unhide these two aspects of the weld features independently.

Having said this though, I just discovered a problem with this in CREO 2 and plan to report to PTC support as soon as I get a chance. Hiding weld symbols by layer doesn't seem to work in that version.

Top Tags