cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

When changing a parameter in a table, only the parameters value should be modifiable

BHepler
1-Newbie

When changing a parameter in a table, only the parameters value should be modifiable

This issue is especially a problem in a drawing title block.  It is currently possible to double click on a parameter driven value and change it in the table.  Instead of updating the parameter value, the parameter (i.e.  &revision or &scale) is overwritten.  This displays what was typed but breaks the link to the parameter.  Currently the table cell needs to be selected, then Edit needs to be selected from the pop-up menu so the parameter is updated but not replaced.

The case number for this issue is C13212082. 

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:BHepler)

BHepler

You may want to vote on your own idea......   

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BHepler)

Better yet would be to lock all table cells that are parameter driven so they can only be changed from Tools-Parameters.

The solution Ben has proposed is great.

I don't think this is really an enhancement request.  I am not asking for new functionality, I would like to have a gap in the current software resolved.   When modifying a table or anything else in Creo, the different options for making a modification should produce the same result. 

I think there should be a different process for making the current software function consistently, versus requesting new functionality or improvements to existing functionality.

Top Tags