cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Why is the weld cross section needed when inserting a weld in the model?

bradlawrence
9-Granite

Why is the weld cross section needed when inserting a weld in the model?

I am just starting the weld modeling arena..........Per my screen shot below, it is asking the Weld cross section value, this seems redundant because I am specifying the size of the weld in the ribbon area.

In this particular case, my fillet weld is 6mm x 6mm which comes to a value of 18. (6 x 6 x .5 = 18). I am wanting to the know the weight of the welds in the model. So the Weld cross section value does matter. Seems like it would populate from the DXD value of 6 in the ribbon area. I know the density of the weld material determines the weight as well.

Capture.JPG

Also, under Weld cross section you have the option of selecting "By Reference" . It wants a datum plane. Which datum plane would you select?

Capture.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags