cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Will Creo Simulate allow you to break apart a solid model into seperate components and assign contacts at the breaks?

danderson
11-Garnet

Will Creo Simulate allow you to break apart a solid model into seperate components and assign contacts at the breaks?

I was given an assembly that was modeled as a solid part.

Would have perfered the components been seperate part models.

Thanks,
Don

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So this assembly is a .prt file? If so, then I think you're out of luck; I seem to recall interface definitions (and other functions such as the fastener tool) not working between two features on the same .prt.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

So this assembly is a .prt file? If so, then I think you're out of luck; I seem to recall interface definitions (and other functions such as the fastener tool) not working between two features on the same .prt.

Shaun,

Yes the assembly was modeled in a part file.
Was hoping there was some way to make volume or surface regions and then assign contacts between them and add fasteners between them (might be able to model the fasteners as solids and apply thermal loads to them).

Mechanica Simulate fasteners are grayed out (not accessible) in part mode with Creo 2.

Thanks Shaun you confirmed my thoughts that it's not possible nor desirable.

Thanks
Don

This may or may not be worth it (depending on your geometry and such), but one potential possibility is to save x number of copies of your base file (where x is the number of separate components that are in the assembly) and then use cuts in parametric to "delete" all the geometry associated with all but the component that you want to associate with your new file. You can then re-assembly all of these "save-as" .prt files in a new .asm file.

Shaun's suggestion may be worth trying - I was going to suggest the same thing.

I see no reason it won't work in principle, provided that it's practical to create cuts that split the geometry in the appropriate way.

Top Tags