cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Windchill WTP number into Drawing

manjunathrv
17-Peridot

Windchill WTP number into Drawing

Iam trying to find out if it is possible to call the Windchill WTP number or name into drawing as a note/parameter.

We would like the drawing Number parameter refer to the Windchill WTP number.

Anyone can help me on this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Manjunath,

Open a CAD file in Creo that was stored in Windchill. Go to Tools, Parameters and you will see all the Windchill parameters that are available to be used based on the Windchill set-up in your Company.

manjunathrv
17-Peridot
(To:llie)

Thanks. But I don't see the parameter for the Number or Name. Is this something that our Windchill Admins need to do?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:manjunathrv)

There are also some system level parameters that do not show up in the Tools-Parameters list, like PTC_Common_Name.

Are you looking for the CAD document name or the WTpart name to be on the drawing? PTC_Common_name in Creo is set to Name in Windchill (WTpart).

Iam looking to bring the WTP name to the drawing. I will have the association done between them.

I think the CAD side can have no idea what the WTP name is. This is because there can be many-to-one relations between the WTP and CAD parts. That relation is solely within Windchill. If you want it, you may have to create a customization that copies the WTP information to a CAD part parameter within Windchill.

Top Tags