cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Working Directory (Save to)

mpeterson
1-Newbie

Working Directory (Save to)

Is there a way in WF4 to save to your working directory by default. I have searched some threads and knowledge base and have not found a way to save new parts in the working directory I initially set. When you navigate to another directory to retreive a file this seems to change your working directory. If this is the case than why even have a working directory? Please advise.

Thanks,

Mark A. Peterson

Design Engineer

Igloo Corp

-

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Maybe I did not state my question or issue correctly. The problem is that after setting my working directory and working on a model I will need to assemble a part from another directory. Then if I create a new part or assembly and proceed to save it, by default it has me in the last driectory I accessed to open or assembly the other model. I would like to always have that save path to my working directory by default and not the last one I accessed. Hope that clarifies the issue. Didn't Pro use to work that way versions back?

Thanks
Mark A. Peterson
Design Engineer
Igloo Corp

The Answer is:

Change the config file option to the value of "working_directory". Mine was set to "default" and there are other options too.

file_open_default_folder working_directory

Thanks all

Top Tags