cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Wrap a quilt around a solid

spooge
1-Newbie

Wrap a quilt around a solid

I have a quilt with approx. 2500 surfaces. This was a laser scan of a textured part. The file was flattened in Geomagic and exported out for me to work with.

What I have is a round core for a mold. The quilt needs to be projected to the core(above parting line).

Looking for ideas(of course, better then mine).

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10
spooge
1-Newbie
(To:spooge)

Welp, looks like 'Warp' is where I need to go with this.

Need to figure out how to use it with a spline(s).

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Why not just wrap a blanket around it instead?

Real Funny.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Thanks! I'll be here all week.....and please don't forget to tip your wait staff!

DarylWolf
4-Participant

if you have a decent quilt you can make a solid block and just solidify cut the quilt out and then move on. not sure why you would flatten it to work with it.

spooge
1-Newbie

Hope this clarifies for the jokesters and everyone else that might have some input.

This is the quilt. There's over 2500 surfaces here.

quilt.jpg

spooge wrote:

I have a quilt with approx. 2500 surfaces. This was a laser scan of a textured part. The file was flattened in Geomagic and exported out for me to work with.

This surface has been flattened in Geomagic so we can manipulate......In Geomagic. Not ProE.

The warp feature in Pro will bend, but I can't get it to work with splines for an accurate wrap.

Thanks

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Why??? Texture is almost never added to a part. They photo-etch it in the mold. IF, and that's a HUGE if, you can even do it somehow, it's going to be so distorted from the original "flatten" back to the final "wrap" as to be completely useless. I seriously doubt Pro/E could even do so many faces.

Good luck.

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member

Spooge,

Can you provide the .prt file of the flattened "texture"? This would be very helpful in order to search for a solution.

-Kevin

spooge
1-Newbie

I'm well aware of texturing. We have a laser for this.

The term "textured" that I used was the only way for me to describe the quilt.

Ufortunately, I cant't get into detail of this project.

The goal is to get the surface from a flattened state to a wrapped.

Thanks

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Try a spinal or toroidial bend.

Top Tags