cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

X-section woes...

ptc-1868133
1-Newbie

X-section woes...

I have created a x-section for a drawing in the model and I am able to view it without any trouble in the 3D model. However, when I attempt to use the x-section in the drawing, it looks like a regular projected view. If I hover my cursor over the view, cross-hatching lines show up, like it is trying to display correctly, but it won't cut the unwanted part of the assembly away. I am working in WF3 M180. The model contains parts created from step files, but I have done x-sections with similar assemblies before without issue. The assembly also contains a model of a conveyor belt that was partially created with a sweep, but I have done x-sections with similar models without issue. If anyone has any insight, please help.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I have also noticed the following error message at the bottom of the screen: "Cross-section creation in view "new_view_12", on sheet 2, aborted."

Thanks to Jim for the following advice that seemed to help:

The first thing to try for any X-sec problems is to move the cutting plane a few thousandths in or out, not so much that it really effects the view, just enough to get away from funky geometry.

————————————————————————————
Jim Majewski

"Cross section aborted" normally means that the section plane passes
through, or very close to, a small edge. IIRC such a section often
shows up with a red outline if you try to display it in the model.

If you can't identify and fix the dodgy geometry, changing the accuracy
setting is often another way to make it work.

HTH,
Jonathan

Top Tags