cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Zones in Drawing format (multi sheet)

dbower1
1-Newbie

Zones in Drawing format (multi sheet)

I would like to add a relation to my drawing format. I need a parameter that is based on the parameter current_sheet, and adds to it.

I'm trying to add zones to our format, so along the bottom of sheet one would read...

1 2 3 4

sheet 2...

5 6 7 8

sheet 3

7 8 9 10

etc. But there is no relation editor in the format...

You would think it would be an easy thing...

Thanks in Advance!

David

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
egifford
4-Participant
(To:dbower1)

In Reply to David Bower:

Dave,

Whatis it you need to achieve? I know Pro/E has built in functionality to reference thezones applied to a format for the purpose of specifying the location of views on drawingssheets. For instance if you have a primary viewlocated in zoneC3 of sheet 1, a detail view is derived off of that view and located in zone D2 of sheet 3, you can add the appropriate text to the detail view callout and label (tweaked with a drawing setup file option) to have it include references to the sheet and zone. What's nice is if you move the views these referencesupdate automatically. To do this you use the parameter &pos_loc and the drawing setup file option pos_loc_format. Not sure if this is what you're going for, but it's nice functionality.

I'm attaching a how to from PTC.

Erik

I would like to add a relation to my drawing format. I need a parameter that is based on the parameter current_sheet, and adds to it.

I'm trying to add zones to our format, so along the bottom of sheet one would read...

1 2 3 4

sheet 2...

5 6 7 8

sheet 3

7 8 9 10

etc. But there is no relation editor in the format...

You would think it would be an easy thing...

Thanks in Advance!

David

Top Tags