cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

any one knows how to change 3D model reference in 2D drawing.

RahulSonawane
1-Newbie

any one knows how to change 3D model reference in 2D drawing.

Hi,

I want change 3D model reference in 2D drawing.

I have 2 to 3 similar components with different dimensions so I created drawing for one component, then I want to create another drawing for second component as it is same but different dimensions No I don't want to start drawing from beginning I just want to use drawing by reference change method like in (Solidworks & Inventor) so I can make another drawing in less time

Please help....

Rahul B Sonawane

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mender
6-Contributor
(To:RahulSonawane)

Depending on the exact desired results, here's a couple of possibilities:

1) A model that is the same but different dimensions sounds like it could be (perhaps should be) a family table instance.  If this is the case, you can copy the drawing file, retrieve the new one, and use Drawing Models > Replace to make this be a drawing of the new instance.  This way is good for linking them together so they'll continue to be similar.

2) Having a part OLD and drawing OLD, and wishing to make NEW + NEW, retrieve them into session, and use File>Manage File>Rename [In Session] to NEW+NEW (perhaps employing the config rename_drawings_with_object to save clicks), save these.  Then make whatever changes in the new models that you like.  This way is good if you actively *don't* want them to be linked, for instance the old part is locked down as a released model.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mender
6-Contributor

Depending on the exact desired results, here's a couple of possibilities:

1) A model that is the same but different dimensions sounds like it could be (perhaps should be) a family table instance.  If this is the case, you can copy the drawing file, retrieve the new one, and use Drawing Models > Replace to make this be a drawing of the new instance.  This way is good for linking them together so they'll continue to be similar.

2) Having a part OLD and drawing OLD, and wishing to make NEW + NEW, retrieve them into session, and use File>Manage File>Rename [In Session] to NEW+NEW (perhaps employing the config rename_drawings_with_object to save clicks), save these.  Then make whatever changes in the new models that you like.  This way is good if you actively *don't* want them to be linked, for instance the old part is locked down as a released model.

Thanks A lot Mathew,

No 2 solution regards to my work.

This is very help full to me now I can save the both model & drawing by this method, actually I am using same drawing for new component which same like existing so I need to just change the dwg no. for both now it work But one problem is there my dimensions & annotations are not there only model dimension remain manual dimensions are gone is there any solution to keep them please let me know.

But once again Thank a lot now Its Saves my Half of time for create new drawing.

Thanks & Regards,

Rahul B Sonawane

mender
6-Contributor

Glad to help!  Regarding the problem about created/driven dimensions, I can't think of a reason offhand that that would happen.  Perhaps you could have Tech Support make an SPR so I can see your workflow in action, and then I could take a look at it.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags