Let's assume I have gearbox assemlby, I'd like to create bulk item which represents oil. So far so good but how to add weight parameter which represents and adds mass of this bulk item to whole assembly? By now my bulk item mass equals 0. When I try to add PRO_MP_MASS parameter it show the name is reserved.
Thanks in advance
There is no direct option to get this, however you can add a parameter in Bulk Item and use that in Assembly mass calculation.
1. Add parameter bulk_mass with defined value in bulk item.
2. Add relation in assembly for a new parameter (assembly mass + mass of bulk item) as e.g. Mass_with_bulk = PRO_MP_MASS + bulk_mass:<Session id of bulk item>
Asm_Mass_with_bulk will result the total value of assembly mass and value defined for mass parameter in bulk.
Thanks for reply, but this way it isn't posibble to use assembly template. In every assembly containning bult item, mass calculation relation have to be manually edited.
Maybe in cases like in the first post (oil and similiar things that have masses unlike painting etc.) it's better to create empty part and write mass in:
Parameters -> Alternate mass properties ->
* PRO_MP_SOURCE set to "Parameters" PRO_MP_ALT_MASS
* PRO_MP_ALT_MASS set to desired mass.
Disadvantage of this method is lack of passing quantity units to Windchill like in bulk item with parameter BOM_REPORT_QUANTITY (in my case "Unit Quantity" -> "Volume, "Unit" -> "liters"). Or am I wrong? Is there a way to pass unit quantity other than "each" with parts to Windchill?
I am sorry Windchill is out of my technical area hence I will not be able to help you on Windchill side.
I think there is another option which can use to get total mass of assembly including bulk items. This will create a parameter in drawing which can use in drawing to display total mass in drawing note.
- Insert bulk item in assembly > Add a parameter e.g. mass and assign value to that.
- In assembly drawing create a repeat region and add relation for condition e.g. if type is bulk value should from mass of bulk item else should be pro_mp_mass
- Create a summation parameter in region for mass of each component.
This will be a parametric and when a new bulk item will add to assembly with some mass value, it will add in summation.
Thank you for involvment solving my problem. I cases like above I would better stay with empty parts with PRO_MP_ALT_MASS parameter set to desired mass. Bulk items I'll use only to things which doesn't have masses or their mass is negligible.