cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

cam and follower determining

bcat
8-Gravel

cam and follower determining

Hello

My problem is in the photo

How i determine a shape so as to liquid(adhesive) spread on the green surface

thanks

1111.png

3 REPLIES 3
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:bcat)

Interesting problem. Normally the dispenser or the part is mounted to an X-Y table (like a CNC mill).

Not only do you need to keep the part under the dispenser, but you also have to manage velocity along the path.

Are you sure you want to pursue this option?

in my opinion , this is a best option but i dont now how i determine a cam profile

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:bcat)

Very well then; The assumption is that the motor is a stepper and requires a motor profile to manage velocity. The table under the object moves to and from the motor. The cam profile will be under the object and the motor wheel will remain round.

You can run a trace profile with mechanism to understand the motion, convert that to a curve, and use this to create a cam graph. Slot motors would help determine velocity but that is not part of core Creo. This requires an extended version of Mechanism. You can approximate this with points along the dispensing path to use as timing marks.

The diameter of the pinion is also important as your change in direction is governed by a valley in the cam and the radius of the pinion, if any valleys exist in your profile.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags