cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

can simulation controled by parameter?

linda
5-Regular Member

can simulation controled by parameter?

I defined the motor profile "initial angle" using parameter "d" which is 5 in the local parameter list. when I chagned the value of "d" to 10, it is not updated in the definition of the motor profile. the initial angle was still 5, except you modify that manually by inputting "d". it can not controled by the parameter?

Can anyone help me with that? i hope the motor initial angle can change with the assembly condition.

thank you

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
linda
5-Regular Member
(To:linda)

the question is not clear?

what i want is to use the parameter to control the rotation angle of a motor profile for the simulation, the parameter is controled by a relation, which means it changes when design parameter changes, I hope the

rotation angle can updated accordling not input manually.

i will be very appreciated for any comments on that,

thanks

Hi Linda...

I actually did look at this. Apparently I forgot to respond with my the results. I was actually unable to control the rotation angle with a parameter. I was able to assign a servo motor and assign the starting angle. When trying to use the variable, the system didn't seem to like it. I'd enter the variable name and it would be replaced by the current value of the variable... yet when the value changed, the angle did not.

It seems strange to me that you can't control the motor with a parameter variable or relation. I was able to use a relation to control the motor with the user defined profile option... but not in the way you need. Maybe if I use a force motor instead of a servo we'll have better luck.

If you have any other information about your scenario, please pass it along. I haven't tried controlling a mechanism in this way before but maybe someone else has?

Thanks!

-Brian

linda
5-Regular Member
(To:BrianMartin)

hi

we have the same problem. the motor profile can not be controled by the parameter. it uses the current papameter value when it is defined. It can not update when the parameter changes.

I use wildfire 2, so i can not access user defined profile. if you can use relation in simulation modular, can you use relation dxx=ratation_angle like we do in 3d modelings? in that way , it should be able controled by parameter.

I want to check the changes of minimum compression when disc rotates for a buttetfly valve design. I can measure the enter angle, the exit angle, using the difference to control the velocity. It is a pity that whenever the design changes i have to manully repeat the motor profile definition to have a correct motion analysis. In fact , i have a family, so i have to redefine each instances.

I will try to use force motor, to see what we can do about this issue.

thanks very much.

linda

Hi again Linda...

Please let us know if you have any further developments. I don't get to use mechanisms nearly as much as I'd like. This is an interesting limitation. I'm sure we're missing something obvious but it didn't pop out at me when I was looking into this.

Keep us posted.

Thanks!

-Brian

linda
5-Regular Member
(To:BrianMartin)

hi

since our company do not have mechanism dynamics option, i can not try if the problem can be fixed with force motor.

I have to manually update the motor profile now, since it is impossible to calculate or measure the minimum interference for a complicate 3d movement without the motion analysis. it can also give ideas about the optimization of the structure and relative positions of matching parts.

hope we can find a solution later.

thanks

linda

I'll keep pursuing this as I have time. If I come across anything new, I'll definitely share it with you. Perhaps someone else with more Mechanism experience can lend some advice?

Thanks!

-Brian

Top Tags