cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

can't add symbols to note ...sometimes

psibenaller
4-Participant

can't add symbols to note ...sometimes

Has anyone seen an issue when you can’t add text symbols to a note in a drawing?  The text symbol box pops up, but when I click on anything nothing appears in the note.  For example, I can type “FORM UP 90”, but can’t add ° no matter how many times I click on it.  To make it weirder, after I finish the note, I can go back in and edit it and then add ° without a problem.  Is it a Creo setting?  One of those neat little Creo features?

Thanks,

Phil

4 REPLIES 4

Since there is no further info given:

#1 guess - a Spacemouse is in use. There's a history of odd interactions with the Spacemouse software

#2 guess - there's a display driver problem such that the Operating System is not telling Creo about the click event.

It is not a feature of Creo and there's no 'setting.'

kpark-2
13-Aquamarine
(To:dschenken)

We have had this issue as well and it turned out to be the NVIDIA setting.  See article CS28315:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS28315&language=en&posno=1&q=graphics%20issues%20in%20creo%204&source=search

Changing the setting resolved quite a few issues we had been seeing.

psibenaller
4-Participant
(To:kpark-2)

Thank you for the article.  Unfortunately, none of the setting changes fixed the issue.

psibenaller
4-Participant
(To:dschenken)

Thanks for the reply.  No, I'm not using a Spacemouse, just plain old Dell terrestrial mice.  It seems odd that the click event wouldn't be captured or passed on when first writing the note, but then it would be passed on when that note is edited.  That's what leads me to think it's something in Creo as opposed to an OS-Creo communication issue.  What other information would help?  I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Creo M250, Quadro M620 driver version 388.26.

Top Tags