cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

change datatable of a wire

adupouy
1-Newbie

change datatable of a wire

Hello,

I have a schematics to modifiy, on this schematics a lot of wire have a "bad" definition (mainly wire gauge is wrong).

I try to modify the dataset of the wire but i'm not autorized to modify if.

I search a way to avoid re wired all this wire...

Regards,

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
JimBarrettSmith
14-Alexandrite
(To:adupouy)

Hi

Do want to select a different dataset aka to change the wire from 12g to 14g?

or do you want to change the contents of the dataset?

dmartin
11-Garnet

Anthony,

Are you connected to a Central Catalog?

Dave

yes i'm connected to a central cantalog, i have created my datatable, i want to move from the datatable to my personnal datable without make agin the wire...

Regards,

dmartin
11-Garnet

I hate to tell you, but unless you have privileges to modify the Central Catalog, you may have to create your own wire artifact tied to your new datatable, and then re-route the wires.

Let's try the easier route first: do you have permissions to the Central Catalog? Or is the admin of the Central Catalog willing to update the wire artifact with your new datatable?

BillF
13-Aquamarine

You really should be talking with your librarian/administrator for the Central Catalog.

If the wire is actually wrong in the Central Catalog, they should know that so they can fix it.

If you really just need a new wire definition, that should be a quick update for them.

We (vehicle/agricultural maker) started out by asking our electrical groups (multiple divisions) about the wire types, gages, and colors that they used and came up with a unified set of about 600 variations.  Lots of colors for our most common gages and fewer for gages that use fewer colors.  We used the same color sets for all wires that came in a particular gage.

Even then we had to add new color combinations as a new group started using schematics.

Fortunately, that is easy.  Just copy a wire that has most of the parameters in common and edit the one that needs to be changed.

Making your own personal copies to edit is a bad idea.  It disconnects your design from the Central Catalog and can cause conflicts and a lot of extra work as things get updated.

glászló
4-Participant

Hi!

David is correct unfortunately, but if you make a fiber artifact with your own datatable attached to it, you may have the possibility to use the Change shape command, with this you can change the fiber shape to your own, and than apply a dataset (like this the wires should stay connected to the port, this one I cant confirm right now, but it's easy to try it with a simple xml export) it's not much but like this you don't have to reroute everything.

Best regards!

Laszlo

Top Tags