cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

circular reference loop

chris5
1-Newbie

circular reference loop

Hi

circular reference loops, is that bad to have in a assembly.

I get the notification but dont know how to solve.

1 CIRCULAR REFERENCE LOOPS FOUND
LOOP # 1
Depth of loop is 3
Feature number 6 (SKETCH_1, id = 107)
in model ACHTERPLAAT_KRK refers to:
Feature number 5 (PROTRUSION, id = 39)
in model BUIS-ACHTERKLEP_KRK refers to:
Feature number 6 (SKETCH_1, id = 107)
in model ACHTERPLAAT_KRK - circle closed.

This is what I found in the crc file of the assembly.

I found bach all of the id numbers.

Now what to do?

Hear you

Chris

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You need to look at your sketch_1, id=107 and see what references the protrusion feature in the other model. Could be a constraint, a dimension, or a use edge. You should not have external references to other models. I am guessing you created the sketch in an assembly and referenced something in the other part.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You need to look at your sketch_1, id=107 and see what references the protrusion feature in the other model. Could be a constraint, a dimension, or a use edge. You should not have external references to other models. I am guessing you created the sketch in an assembly and referenced something in the other part.

Christiaan,

Just adding a bit to what Dennis said about references. In your case it looks like you need to do this checking twice, since you have A depending on B depending back on A. Yes, it is a bad idea to have circular references, in particular, and any external references that aren't necessary or desired. So called top-down design techniques can take great advantage of external references, in a large variety of ways, but you really need to know what you are doing and what the resulting dependencies will mean for model independence, document management systems, etc.

David

Top Tags