cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

color appearance file (SUMMARY)

BobSchwerdlin
3-Visitor

color appearance file (SUMMARY)

Thanks to all who replied. It appears that the color.map file has been replaced by the appearance.dmt file as of WF datecode 2003.

Here's the replies I received:

Put them in the start-in directory.
There is a config.pro pro_colormap_path setting available.

>>>

These are lines from my config.pro:
global_appearance_file C:\CAD\WF4\settings\Colors\appearance.dmt
pro_texture_library C:\CAD\WF4\settings\Textures
pro_colormap_path C:\CAD\WF4\settings\Colors
system_colors_file C:\CAD\WF4\syscol.scl
pro_material_dir C:\CAD\WF4\settings\Materials

you don't use color.map anymore with Wildfire as far as I know.

You can convert your old color.map to appearance.dmt, but I forget how.

The dmt and mat files do a lot more than the old days. Now pro can assign a color automatically when you assign a material. Sometimes nice sometimes annoying.

>>>>

Apperance.dmt has replaced color.map.

>>>

If the color.dmt file you've got from your coworker is valid, just rename it to appearance.dmt and place it in your OS startup directory. Pro/E will load it automatically.

Also: appearance.dmt defines all colors and textures that you can assign to parts, assembly components, etc., not just the metallic-look colors. The reflection, transparency, and refraction indices of the colors may or may not have been modified to give them a metallic or other look. This information applies to WF3.

Attachments as well...

Thanks again everyone.

Bob Schwerdlin
Design Engineer,
Dukane Corp.
2900 Dukane Dr.
St. Charles, IL 60174
630-797-4974 direct
-

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I believe if you load up pro-e, open the appearance editorand save off the color file, it saves it as an appearance.dmt
Top Tags