cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

component name in a note

opavot
1-Newbie

component name in a note

Hello everybody In an assembly drawing , I would like to creat a note with the name and the material of the component ( it will work like a repeat region but without the repeat region) Please ,can you give me the parameters I have to write in my note ? Many thanks for your help Olivier
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10

Olivier, How about creating a custom ballon with name and material and link with the Bill of material. -Chander.

Hello Chander According to the rules of my company , it's only permitt to use a note . My problem is to find the correct parameters Thank a lot for your help Olivier

Olivier, I assume you have the parameters defined in your model, they are strings (for example, MODEL_NAME and MATERIAL), and that you have values entered for them. If you enter them in your note as &MODEL_NAME and &MATERIAL, the note should display the with the values you entered for the parameters.

Olivier, I assume you have the parameters defined in your model, they are strings (for example, MODEL_NAME and MATERIAL), and that you have values entered for them. If you enter them in your note as &MODEL_NAME and &MATERIAL, the note should display the with the values you entered for the parameters.

Hello Try creating the note in the part or component, like stated above with parameters. In the assembly drawing, pick "show notes" If you create the note in the assembly it will give you the assembly parameters.

I don't think can create parametric notes in part mode. At least I couldn't do it. You may need to create separate sheets for the components to get a parametric note to work like you are asking. Or maybe there is away to do it...I don't know

Since it is an assembly to get the model parameters you need to determine the session ID for the individual parts and add that to the note. Your note will have the form &MODEL_NAME:session ID and &MATERIAL:session ID (session ID is a number). To find the session ID while in drawing mode select Tools>Relations, then Show>Session ID, select part from the menu manager, and pick the part on the screen. The session ID for the selected part will show in the message area.

"Richard Giguere" wrote:

I don't think _ _ _ _ can create parametric notes in part mode.

"Richard Giguere" wrote:

I don't think _ _ _ _ can create parametric notes in part mode.

I used the method from Kevin, it work very well the only difference for me is the definition of the material I work with WF4 , so to define the material of the componant , the parameter is &PTC_material_name many thanks to everybody Olivier
Top Tags