cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

convert 2d to proe to be used in winchill

pfadams
1-Newbie

convert 2d to proe to be used in winchill

Hi all
I know many of you have converted to windchil. During this conversion you have had to convert 2d dwgs not of PROE base to manage in Windchill.
We have many dwgs of this Varity and are lost as to how to convert them simply. Could you please give us some ideas.
We are specifically changing CADRA format to something we can manage I Windchill.
Our next step will bee to redraw them, as we need them, in PROE.
Thanx all
Paul Adams

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:pfadams)

"Documents" in Windchill are really database records that point to files, and then also have Number, Name, Revision, State, etc. etc.

Documents which are managed as "CAD" are fundamentally different from those which are not. CAD Documents have relationships built by the CAD tool which Windchill has to understand and manage, e.g.

- This Drawings is displaying 3D geometry defined in this 3D model

- This Assembly 3D model is using geometry defined in these other 3D models

If you simply want to manage existing Drawings that are 2D without 3D models, you can do so as non-CAD Documents (just "Documents").

Example - We loaded almost 20,000 old AutoCAD 2D drawings into Windchill as non-CAD documents - each at the current Revision.

Can leave conversion to some later time.

May want to also consider "publishing" these using Windchill visualization to allow users access them all using Creo View.
Top Tags