cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

converting negative space to positive and positive space to negative

ksmith
1-Newbie

converting negative space to positive and positive space to negative

Hello everyone, I have modeled a solid block and extruded several holes (think swiss cheese) and now I'd like to reverse the fill volumes and make the negative volumes (the holes) filled and the positive volume (the block) negative space or unfilled. Is there a way to do this? I'm using Creo Parametric 2.0. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kyle,

you can use Cut Out command available in Assembly mode (under Component operations). See uploaded data created in CR2 M070.

cutout.png

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rcook
6-Contributor
(To:ksmith)

You could do it using surface copy, merge, and solidify to create the geometry inside of the holes and remove everything else. I'm curious as to what you are trying to achieve?

if you just need to calculate volume....extrude a surface with caped ends using the edges of the holes. to keep your model clean you can hide the surface in the model tree (remember to save status), push to a layer or suppress it, you might want to name it if you go the suppress route.

Kyle,

you can use Cut Out command available in Assembly mode (under Component operations). See uploaded data created in CR2 M070.

cutout.png

MH

Martin Hanák

Thank you, that worked well. I was trying to create the negative in order to 3D print and use it as the die to create a mold. I appreciate your assistance as well as that of everyone else.

Top Tags