cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

creo3.0 performance is poor

ppeng
1-Newbie

creo3.0 performance is poor

Hello,all:

I was recently in use creo software, I feel very slow speed of assembly, a total of more than 10,000 parts, poor performance, where  is  creo can optimization , is there  best practice documents, thank you!

hardware:(Xeon E5-1620 v3 3.5GHZ/8G mem/500G HDD/NVIDIA K2200)

software:  windows 7 pro X64

creo 3.0 M050

ps:Open the 800M drawing need  4 minutes and more than

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Creo 3.0 M050 is very old, please try the latest datecode Creo 3.0 M080. Next week PTC will shop M090.

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:ppeng)

There is no fixed relation between the size of a drawing on disk and the speed/memory requirements in RAM.

Other than that, look into using simplified reps. 10,000 parts is going to translate to a large number of triangles for the graphics card to manage, somewhere between 10 and 10000 triangles per part, depending on part complexity.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ppeng)

8 gig of RAM is likely not enough also. When you load your assembly, check your RAM usage, If you are out of RAM, performance will degrade to the point of unusable.

Drawing performance is not like assembly performance. Creo drawings are painfully slow. On our large assemblies, we erase all views except the ones we are actively working on to improve speed.

Simplified reps in large assemblies are an absolute requirement. Also using those reps effectively in drawings are necessary. If you don't use simplified reps, you need to learn them.

Top Tags