cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

crosshatch .xch file format

ppandarkar-2
15-Moonstone

crosshatch .xch file format

Hi,

I want to create hatch pattern so please can i know the syntax of .xch file which is available in *\Common Files\text\crossharch folder. If there any document to understand it syntax then it will be good.

- Prashant Pandarkar

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

in CR2 you can define crosshatching pattern in drawing view with section. MOD XHATCH menu enables you to define pattern and save it into .xch file.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to understand syntax as given in below .xch file (default creo crosssection)

#UGC XHATCH_STYLE 459 0 0 128 0 1 1
#Pro/ENGINEER TM Version A-27-10 (c) 1988-91 by Parametric Technology Corporation All Rights Reserved.
@dwg_xhatch_style 1 0
0 1 ->
@type 2 1
1 2 0
@xsec_id 3 1
1 3 0
@lines 4 0
1 4 [1]
2 4
@angle 5 1
3 5 45
@offset 6 2
3 6 0
@spacing 7 2
3 7 3FC9R
@named_style 8 0
3 8
@style 9 0
4 9
@font 10 1
5 10 1
@color 11 1
5 11 1
@width 12 2
5 12 0
@layers 13 1
5 13 1
@name 14 10
4 14
#END_OF_UGC

Hi,

file format is not public. Therefore its contents is confidential. You can edit XCH files in Creo Parametric, only.

Martin Hanák
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MartinHanak)

Try to reverse engineer it by building various crosshatch styles and comparing the .xch files.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

It looks very similar to the old config.win files.

Yes i tried to understand by changing one by one parameter and sees its effect in section. I understand for angle parameter but other parameters not able to understood. So was expecting some documentation or link for study this.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant pandarkar

Top Tags