cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

dimensioning in iso view

msteffke
12-Amethyst

dimensioning in iso view

I have a user who wants to put 3d dimensions in the bin spacing detail as shown below. Is there a way to have created dimensions show up as 3d? The dimension shown in the view below are 2d in a 3d model and are certainly innacturate.

[cid:image001.png@01CF9A9F.930FAF70]

Thanks,
Mark Steffke

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
cying
10-Marble
(To:msteffke)

Mark,
Not sure if there's a way but here's a workaround:

1) Create a dimension that's parallel to the line (not quit 3D)

2) Create the desire dimensions using the orthographic views

3) Switch dim to show the dimension id in step 2 (i.e., &ad28)

4) Edit the dimension in step 1 and use the @O &ad28 to override the dimension shown.

If your model changes so will this dimension. If there's another method, please share 🙂

Good luck!

Calvin

[cid:image002.png@01CF9AAB.54EB36E0]

You should be able to use a shown dimension and there is a config line something about using auto_show_3d_detail_items set to yes. It's been a while since I've done this.

Thanks,

Jim
StephenW
23-Emerald II

There is a drawing setup file called:
ALLOW_3D_DIMENSIONS YES
The default setting is NO.

It seems to work for shown dimensions

[cid:image001.png@01CF9AAD.43C24AA0]

mlocascio
4-Participant

OOOOOOooooooooooRAH! For shown dimensions!

cying
10-Marble

I just tried it...works very well.

Top Tags