cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

display of threads when adding cross sections with splines

SebastianH.
1-Newbie

display of threads when adding cross sections with splines

Hi! I already posted a simmilar problem with threads in the 2D-view. But now another one emerged: If I add a cross section in another cross section by usind a spline, suddenly nearly every thread in the whole asembly is displayed. (which means, that not only the things which are displayed in the cross section have their threads, but also the screws which are behind the plain, on which the cross section was created) This is not a problem of my own, but nearly my whole class has the same problem. We are using the schools edition of pro engineer. I hope I described it on a comprehensible way... Thank you for your answers. Sebastian H.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

"Sebastian Hohenauer" wrote:

Hi! I already posted a simmilar problem with threads in the 2D-view. But now another one emerged: If I add a cross section in another cross section by usind a spline, suddenly nearly every thread in the whole asembly is displayed. (which means, that not only the things which are displayed in the cross section have their threads, but also the screws which are behind the plain, on which the cross section was created) This is not a problem of my own, but nearly my whole class has the same problem. We are using the schools edition of pro engineer. I hope I described it on a comprehensible way... Thank you for your answers. Sebastian H.

Martin Hanák

hm, no I'm sorry. didn't work. I've uploaded a screenshot for visualising my problem. on the left side the spline is activated, on the right side, I deleated it again. I marked the thread, which appears when adding the cross section. (ignore the other display errors on the right pic. I don't know, why they have happened...)

hm, no I'm sorry. didn't work. I've uploaded a screenshot for visualising my problem. on the left side the spline is activated, on the right side, I deleated it again. I marked the thread, which appears when adding the cross section. (ignore the other display errors on the right pic. I don't know, why they have happened...)

Martin Hanák

well, in fact thi option was set. i didn't change it. the only thing i changed was the deleting of the cross section. But normally, if I change the options, I open the 2D-drawing, click on file - properties - drawing options - and then I change the value of the thing I want to adapt (in this case this would be thread_standard afterwards I click on assign and OK. (I translated the names of the buttons and so on from german into english, so it could be, that they have different names. Sorry. but I don't know how to set a different language in pro engineer...)

Sebastian, I am sorry, I have no idea what to do. You use school edition of ProE, so it doesn't make any sense to send your drawing&model data to me, because I cannot open them in commercial edition of ProE (I guess ...). Maybe your problem can be ProE bug... Martin

Martin Hanák

yeah, i also thought of a bug... can xou tell me, where to post the bug, so it maybe will be fixed in the next version? I think you could open it, but at the moment you change anything, I won't be able to open it^^ Thank you for your help Martin. (By the way: do you know, if it is possible to set a picture as background in the 2d-drawing? for example a picture of the 3d-model? It would be "just for fun", so it wouldn't be a problem, if there is no easy way )

yeah, i also thought of a bug... can xou tell me, where to post the bug, so it maybe will be fixed in the next version? I think you could open it, but at the moment you change anything, I won't be able to open it^^ Thank you for your help Martin. (By the way: do you know, if it is possible to set a picture as background in the 2d-drawing? for example a picture of the 3d-model? It would be "just for fun", so it wouldn't be a problem, if there is no easy way )

Martin Hanák

I've never gotten threads to display the way I'd like in all sheets/views in a drawing. I've taken to using one of the following workarounds: --put all threads on a layer that is always off (use selection filter QUILTS and window your model)(my start part has this layer built in) --turn off surface creation when creating tapped holes (there is a check box for this) As for the picture background, Martin's warning is correct. If it's the 3D model specifically that you're after, you could always try placing a shaded isometric view of the model at any scale and orientation that suits you. As a background, though, this would in my opinion, be very likely to obscure other aspects of your drawing. It might be worth goofing around with, though.

oh my, you both are great! thank you for the hint with the layers. works great! (I am happy, that i am not the only one with such problems^^) well, again, thanks a lot. you are my heroes of the week XD Sebastian
Top Tags