cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

dwg import problem into sketch

SE_8414286
6-Contributor

dwg import problem into sketch

I am using Creo Parametric Release 9.0 and Datecode9.0.1.0

When I import dwg file into sketch, I had an error.

Here are the errors that I faced
RealDWG is not installed on your machine.
Please consult your administrator about installing this application.
10 REPLIES 10
remy
21-Topaz I
(To:SE_8414286)

This is the article you will find when searching "RealDWG" in the knowledge base: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs316600 

SE_8414286
6-Contributor
(To:remy)

Thanks for reply. But I can open the same dwg file with creo 8.0, which is interesting.

remy
21-Topaz I

Successful opening in Creo 8.0 is actually good news: you have a working environment. 

If we stick to the meaning of the error message, the application RealDWG needs to be installed. But can confirm that Creo 8, Creo 9 and RealDWG are installed on the same workstation?

SE_8414286
6-Contributor

realdwg is not installed on my pc. I have searched on the internet but I coul not find any installation package.

Where can I download?

remy
21-Topaz I

Right.

After googling REALdwg, there is information telling it is an Autocad product.

Can you reach out to your Cad or organization administrator? Or some colleagues that kept the install CD?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

@remy,

CS316600 makes it sound like Creo is using RealDWG 'underneath the hood' to do this conversion.  I don't think the article is saying the user has to obtain and install it separately.  The main takeaway from the article seems to be that there is some problem with the source DWG file.

SE_8414286
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

This dwg file is definitely not corrupt. Creo 8.0 opens and I tried it with different cad software, it opened without any problems.

SE_8414286
6-Contributor

Yes I am administrator but realdwg looks like software development kit. I can't reach 🙂

remy
21-Topaz I

@TomU is right.
The article and a deeper search over the internet confirm that this is a third party that Creo OEMs.

Let me roll back a little:

•  Can you confirm that Creo 8 an Creo 9 are both installed in the same workstation?

If yes, then either :

1. Creo 8.0 embarks a version of REALdwg that supports the drawing and Creo 9.0 does not
  2. Creo 9.0 OEMed REALdwg is not installed correctly/at all, somehow. A hint is the presence of the executable "<common files>\x86e_win64\obj\pro_dwgconv.exe"

All in all, in order to test bullet 2, can you confirm the presence of that executable in both installations?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I just checked my server and pro_dwgconv.exe still exists in Creo Parametric 9.0 but the location has changed.

<Common Files>\applications\REALDWG\pro_dwgconv.exe

• Creo Parametric 9.0

<Common Files>\x86e_win64\obj\pro_dwgconv.exe

• Creo Parametric 8.0
  • Creo Parametric 7.0
  • Creo Parametric 6.0
  • Creo Parametric 5.0
  • Creo Parametric 4.0
  • Creo Parametric 3.0

<loadpoint>\x86e_win64\obj32\pro_dwgconv.exe

• Wildfire 5.0
Top Tags