cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

how do I leave skeletons out of my drawing

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

how do I leave skeletons out of my drawing

When I create drawings from parts that make use of a large skeleton (dimension-wise), there is a boundary around the part with the size of the skeleton.

This is very irritating when trying to create projections because the large frames overlap (so trying to select the right object becomes impossible).

Right now I solve this by creating a spline boundary (drawing view -> visible area -> partial view) all around the part to get a smaller boundary. This works but is a lot of work. Isn't there a setting to have the boundary only around solid parts or a setting to disregard skeletons or the possibility to resize the boundary with the mouse in the corner of the boundary?

Clipboard04.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Simplified reps seems to be the easiest way.

Highlight the skeleton in the model tree and RMB>Exclude

Open the View Manager (graphics toolbar) and the Master Rep will have a plus ( + ) by it.

Select Save and it will save it to a new simplified rep.

In the drawing, you can change the View State (view properties) to the new Simplified Rep.

This will change the bonding box of the default view size.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:bp)

You might have to manually create these borders.

If this is a persistent issue, you might consider view states or family tables in the model to exclude the skeleton from drawing model.

Simplified reps seems to be the easiest way.

Highlight the skeleton in the model tree and RMB>Exclude

Open the View Manager (graphics toolbar) and the Master Rep will have a plus ( + ) by it.

Select Save and it will save it to a new simplified rep.

In the drawing, you can change the View State (view properties) to the new Simplified Rep.

This will change the bonding box of the default view size.

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Thanks Antonius,

Works like a charm

Top Tags