cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

how to convert the assembly made in INCH to MM

ptc-4708897
1-Newbie

how to convert the assembly made in INCH to MM

Hi All,

I received a assembly in INCH and my subassembly is made in MM

i have to assemble these together, how can I convert these INCH to MM

I have tried to scale the assembly but that also didnot work.

any help would be appreciated

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

What you are saying is that model imported incorrectly and the part is now very small and you need to enlarge it by 25.4x. If this is not correct, please clarify.

Unfortunately, if this is the case, it is the part files that are the wrong scale, not the assembly. Each part has a units parameter that must be corrected. Changing the units in the assembly will not affect the parts used in the assembly.

Not knowing yet what version you are using makes htis difficult but I just found something in Creo 2.0 that seems like something you need to know about.

Here is an image of "opening" (importing) a step file. I checked the option to use templates and clicked "Detail..." to get the second window. Here you can select the default template you want to use for the assembly -and- the part files. This has been a lifesaver for many of my imports.

import_model.PNG

If this simply is not an option, you will need to go to each part and do the following:

FILE/PREPARE/MODEL PROPERTIES/UNITS -change-

In the dialog click "millimeter Newton Seconds" and click "Set..."

In the new dialog you have options of how to scale the part

You want the default "Convert Dimensions".

hi,

the model is imported correctly but it is actually made in mm

and i have to assemble this in another assembly which is in inches

so it is very smaller infront on the assembly

I am using creo 1.0

well I am able to scale the model by opening each component and scale it

but this is very time consuming

so there any correlate relation between the units from mm to inches

like some time u got one model from supplier in inches and your model is in mm

how to assemble these two components

thanks

That is the problem I am trying to understand, Raj. Creo does not care if the part is inch or millimeters at the next level assembly. If the part is properly defined at the units it says they are, then the assembly will make the metric/inch conversion correctly without issue. In your case, the imported files are not imported correctly.

If you do not have the option to properly use the template files for importing, I do not know of a simpler way than converting each part individually. There should be ways to automate this but I do not know how. Otherwise, you might be able to make a change in the source files to correct the units there.

Top Tags