cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

how to create a new pipe profile in afx extension

schopra-2
1-Newbie

how to create a new pipe profile in afx extension

i want to create a new pipe profile in AFX extension rather than using the dimension that comes defined as default how can i do it.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

AFX models contain 2 major parts.

1) a model, driven by parameters (most of the time in the main assembly/part)

2) a TAB-file, containing a simple code language to push the values from the GUI to the model (see point 1)

Here is a small document explaining the language of the TAB-files.

http://communities.ptc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/240824-65655/efx_connector_language.rar.zip

What you need to do:

- alter the model, so it will be driven with the parameters you want

- alter the TAB-file, so it sends the right data to the right parameter in the model.

Some warnings:

There are parameters that can be used by different models.

For example, a connector might read out the diameter parameter of the tube you select.

If this happens, the connenctor might get corrupt of won't work at all.

Best practice: if you alter for example the diameter (OD to ID), make sure that you don't throw away the original parameter.

Also, keep the old parameter updated with a relation (OD = ID + 2* t). This way, a connector that uses the OD, it will allways find the parameter, and the parameter is allways up-to-date.

I hope this helps you out!

Top Tags