cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

how to create tension beams (steel cable) in simulate

olach
3-Visitor

how to create tension beams (steel cable) in simulate

Hallo Creo Simulate community

I am working on a frame construction and would like to do some mechanical simulations with this frame. The simple construction is a 3D Frame with cable elements (can only carry tension).

Can anybody help me? How one has to define a "tension only beam" in Creo Simulate?

Thank you for your support

Otto

10 REPLIES 10
DenisJaunin
15-Moonstone
(To:olach)

Hello Otto,.

Do you have a plan or an image join us?

Kind regards.

Denis

olach
3-Visitor

pictute for creo community.jpg

...especially it is a frame construction for a photovoltaic cell. The construction itself is not so important . It is learning stuff...

But with designes like this I am learning to handle Creo Simulate.

Mainly it is a frame made of tubes (33 mm outer diameter and a wall thickness of 2 mm). To improve the stability I added some robes (cables) to avoid a collapse.

BR otto

Can you provide some specifics on what type of analysis you want to do and the goals of it? Generally speaking, Simulate does not have a "tension only beam". However, depending on the conditions of the analysis, you might be able to use a pre-loaded beam element (which will work with any linear analysis) or a deflection-dependent spring element (which will only work in a non-linear analysis).

olach
3-Visitor

...currently I am designing a 3D frame for a photovoltaic cell which should be mountet on a sailing boot (private stuff). During the design interations I had the idea to start some beam FEA studies to see the stability of the design and to learn how to use Creo Simulate.

The current design of the frame has cables to increase the stability (cables are used to have less welding conections as well as a nice appearance).

Aim of the simulation is to assess the forces and mechanical loads on the tubes and cables as well as the see the deformation of the frame under load. To be honest it is not really critical but I started and now I would like to finish this task and learn....

thank you otto

skunks
18-Opal

example for beam

regards

paul

skunks
18-Opal

beam_plot.jpg

regards

paul

skunks
18-Opal

V2 attached: 2 beams prestressed

regards

paul

Domen
14-Alexandrite
(To:skunks)

Hi Paul.

Why did you create a rigid link between Beam1 and Beam2 (and also Beam1 and Beam3)?

Why not just simply connect the beams together? See the picture below.

I tested it without Rigid link and the results are pretty much the same.

pic1.jpg

Regards,

Domen

skunks
18-Opal
(To:Domen)

sketch attached

regards

paul

other example: rope prestressed

regards

paul