cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

how to make feature

HARSHVARDHANPAN
1-Newbie

how to make feature

I downloaded one assembly file from the internet - it is made up with two parts, when i open the first part so there was a revolve feature made, without using any datum plane, or I am not able to interpret that drawing Please tell me where i am doing mistake.

shown a model tree below.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

when you are

1.) selecting the template..select the "empty template".

2) in part modelling select revolve and click on "define"..it will automatically take you to sketcher.

3.) put an "axis of revolution"..and make you sketch.

4.) "ok" the sketch..it will revolve as a solid.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

We might need a little more to go on. Feel free to attach the file.

you can view this file in creo 2.0 version. I got a problem of referance in this drawing

In early versions of Pro/E there was the option to create datum planes that were completely internal to features. The datum planes were automatically hidden from view and only were visible during defining or redefining the feature.

If you can's see them, check to see that all layers are visible and that datum planes should be visible.

There is also the chance the feature was created by referencing datum planes in other parts or assemblies; there would be an external reference.

You can also look at Tools/ Program to see a more detailed structure for the part.

david I insert part file above please check it.

when you are

1.) selecting the template..select the "empty template".

2) in part modelling select revolve and click on "define"..it will automatically take you to sketcher.

3.) put an "axis of revolution"..and make you sketch.

4.) "ok" the sketch..it will revolve as a solid.

ur most welcome!

Top Tags