cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

i am familiar with pro e and am now accessing creo and i am having trouble getting started with the working directory in creo.

jcruz-3
1-Newbie

i am familiar with pro e and am now accessing creo and i am having trouble getting started with the working directory in creo.

I am familiar with pro e and now am taking a test drive in creo. I do recall proe ,but am having trouble in creo, can anyone help?

How do I get the working directory started before I sketch and extrude?

How do I go from sketch to extrude?

Jose

2 REPLIES 2

Working folder is a housekeeping function that should be done before opening anything.

You can sketch a profile and select the sketch and click Extrude.

Or you can create the sketch from within the extrude.

I suggest going through some of the tutorials.

If you just received Creo with maintenance, you should have access to some of the PTC university tutorials.

Ask you VAR for help in this regard.  They are suppose to help people coming back to PTC.  And it shouldn't cost extra!

Joe,

After you install Creo, right-click on the icon and select Properties.  Specify a path as your Start in:, which will be your Working Directory, when you launch Creo.  Also, you can set the config.pro option file_open_default_folder to working_directory, so when select File > Open or Save, it will open to your Working Directory.

Thanks,

Amit

Top Tags