cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

i did one part modeling and saved a copy ,again need changes in part again updating again we need to save a part?

sneelamegan
1-Newbie

i did one part modeling and saved a copy ,again need changes in part again updating again we need to save a part?

after the changes done if i give crtl+s means it again save as two same named parts in my folder

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

When you save, Creo creates a new file on disk.  First one is [part_name].prt.1, next is [part_name].prt.2, next is [part_name].prt.3, etc.  When you open a file, Creo only shows the one and opens the latest one.

Do a search here for the purge utility which you can use to clean out the old versions.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
bmohapatra
5-Regular Member
(To:sneelamegan)

Open system window. Type purge and enter.

Untitled-1.png   Untitled-3.png

All the older versions will be removed.

I've attached a program that can purge all files in a designated folder and any subfolders within. It's not the latest version, and I can't point you towards the correct site to download it, only shady ones. The attached version works with Creo 3.

You just change the directory, hit purge, and every Creo file with multiple versions will be trimmed down to only the last version.

Top Tags