cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

import new model menu manager for NX file

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

import new model menu manager for NX file

Hi

I am trying to open NX part / assembly file (.prt extension) into Creo. It pops up menu manager for "Import New Model". How to avoid this menu manager? Is there any way to disable this and Creo directly open it as part or assembly based on .prt item being opened?

Any thought would be of great help.

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

7 REPLIES 7

@Ketan_Lalcheta 

Import New model is for standard import, which cannot omit. But in Creo 4.0 or later, with Unite technology you can directly open data.. 

Hi

I am having Creo 4.0 M070 with me. When I am trying to open NX part file by dragging physical file into Creo, it pop up the import new model. How to avoid this or is it something which cannot be avoided?

Hi Ketan,

I don't think it's avoidable.  I just tested in Creo Parametric 4.0 M090.  When attempting to import a non-native file, the Import New Model window comes up.

Amit

Hi Amit , all

Does this mean prior to unite technology , i.e. Creo 2 or older version does not allow at all to open NX data and now with Creo 4.0, it allows but ask for option through pop up?

Another question I am having is what to select for part / assembly option on Import Menu manager, while opening nx CAD file..? I don't know physical file of NX is part or assembly (as both part and assembly has .prt extension for NX) while opening into Creo.

@Ketan_Lalcheta 

Without using Unite technology, you cannot avoid Import dialog box and Unite technology is a license functionality. 

If you have unite license, use that to Open the data.  

It was possible to import 3rd party date in earlier versions too but process/license were different.

About Type selection for NX part/assembly, Extension for NX data (part and asm) is .prt and in Creo there is no sub-type or option to differentiate part or Assembly.. need to work on the basis of information or check data on import. 

Hi

I am getting responses like we cannot avoid import new model dialogue even using unite technology licence. I am having creo 4.0 M070 with me. have you used this license without possible pop up of import model dialogue?

@Ketan_Lalcheta 

I think first comment to post was not clear .... Import new model cannot omit but with Unite technology you can open 3rd party data without Import new model .

Without Unite technology, data will import (File > Open > Import) but with Unite technology data will open File > Open > Open

Top Tags