cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

iso_mm.dtl the tol_text_height_factor and tol_text_width_factor

valimdj
1-Newbie

iso_mm.dtl the tol_text_height_factor and tol_text_width_factor

I noticed that in Creo 2.0 in the drawing setup file iso_mm.dtl the fallowing settings do not change the tolerance display height and with, it displays the tolerance as if the value was 1:

tol_text_height_factor 0.600000

tol_text_width_factor 0.600000

Any ideas?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

thanks to PTC support Adam Haas I got the answer

1) Open the template drawing(s) you are using.

2) Click File> Prepare> Drawing Properties

3) In the Drawing Properties dialog box, Detail Options, click Change.

4) Change the options:

tol_text_height_factor 0.600000
tol_text_width_factor 0.600000

5) Save the template

Now when you create a new drawing using the template, you will see the smaller text.

Typically, you would read-in the config.dtl file of choice in a new drawing. Many of these settings are also available in the model but they do not transfer to the drawing.

Also have a look at the config.pro option drawing_setup_file [path\filename]. This is where your edited iso_mm.dtl would be used.

I recommend copying the dtl file of choice away from the ...Creo\common\... area of the install, though. Every time you update software, these folders are wiped out.

The same is true of the template files. If you are using the default templates for iso_mm, any modified template file will be over-written when updating your software. If you do a Find in config.pro on "default" or "dir" you will find a lot of optional locations where you can keep your various templates and customizations.

Top Tags