cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

mass idealization in modal and shock analysis

sguercilena
1-Newbie

mass idealization in modal and shock analysis

Hello,

I am doing a shock analysis introducing as input a response spectre of a sismic event, function of frequency and acceleratio Se(T) [g].

The idealization of a chemical reactor with the heat exchanger welded above it, is a series of beam of different section.

I have to insert a series of mass idealization, for the mass located in the axis of the beam there aren't problem.

But I wont to intruduce a mass at a "X" distance from beam axis and I don't know how to join the mass to the beams.

I tried by rigid link or weighted link but a message says that the indipendent side element is has several point collinear.

Anyone know how to resolve this problem please?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Stefano,

does this discussion help: Weighted links - co-linear points

Gunter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Stefano,

does this discussion help: Weighted links - co-linear points

Gunter

Thank you for reply.

I conclude therefore that is impossible to consider a mass constrained to a beam at a distance from it without connecting with another beam idealization.

Top Tags