cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

model/rep opens file open menu and doesnt give option of selecting a part

ptc-6100646
1-Newbie

model/rep opens file open menu and doesnt give option of selecting a part

Hi Charles,

I am trying to set up Connector pin out tables and not sure how to get model/rep to recognize a part instead of a file? When I click on model rep it brings up a file open menu and doesnt give me option of selecting a part? can anyone help me set this up........

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hello Thomas,

first of all welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately you had a somewhat disappointing start without response.

It's probably because you added your post with a new question to an existing thread that is dead since more than a year and directing the question to the original poster (who never contributed to the forum after this thread).

I have therefore split your question into a new discussion.

From what I understand, what you want to do is to set model/rep for a report table and expect to get a selection of models instead of the File Open dialog.

I assume you expect the models belonging to the drawing, right?

The model/rep functionality is more general - it allows you to add any model to the table - if it is not already related to the drawing, it will be.

If you like to have the selection filtered to show only the models already related to the drawing, I don't think we have such a filter. However, you can select From Session. At least if you have only the one drawing opened, this should show you only the related models.

Gunter

Top Tags