cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

no proesys content in PTC Community?

BarrySchaeffer
1-Newbie

no proesys content in PTC Community?

ProE Gurus,

I just followed Dave Haigh’s procedure (titled: The Old Farts Guide to the PTC Community) and noted that there doesn’t seem to be a content area like PROESYS for systems administration (i.e. like this particular part of the Exploder).

Am I missing something? I thought that PTC Community was intended to replace all of the content areas that are covered by the Exploder.

Barry Schaeffer
Fluke

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

I was told that area would be created during the migration of the data from PTCUser to PTC Community

David Haigh

Select “New Stream” then search for “administration” – the Pro/ENGINEER System Administration group will appear and can be added to your streams.

ModelCheck is there too if you’re interested.

-Ter

Yes, some of the criticism on this list has been heard, and a lot of
extra sub-categories will be added during the migration.

For PROESYS there will be a subforum of Creo titled "System
Administration".
Currently this does not yet exist.

It is planned that all old posts from the pas 10+ years will be migrated
to the community forums, so no content should be lost due to the
transition.

Did not everyone receive the emails attached to this message?

Best regards,
Patrick

"Administration" returned no activity. I find the whole PTC community the most obtuse and difficult to use website I have ever seen. No amount of clicking has ever returned the first useful result.

In Reply to Terrence McFall:

Select “New Stream” then search for “administration” – the Pro/ENGINEER System Administration group will appear and can be added to your streams.

ModelCheck is there too if you’re interested.

-Ter

Hope I can clear up some confusion: there is no current space provided for Systems Adminstration on PTC Community, which is why we will be creating one as part of our migration taking place over the next 48 hours. For the full view of how we're mapping the PTC/USER topics to product spaces on PTC Community you can read my full blog post here:https://www.ptcusercommunity.com/groups/community-roundup/blog/2015/04/27/the-ptcusers-are-coming

I'm excited we have the opportunity to build this space for this dedicated group, as you have all pointed out it's an underserved need on PTC Community.

Top Tags