cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

parting lines; colors and extra surfaces.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

parting lines; colors and extra surfaces.

In Creo2 mold design; this may be two different issues, but when you create your split models you end up with various color changes for what different things are (parting lines appear blue, etc). Can this be turned off?

Also, seeming related it creates extra surfaces on the model (that are color changed), but creates the illusion of extra geometry, and so far support says you have to manually delete these after creation. This is extremely annoying and time consuming.

Is there anyway to turn this off? How are other people dealing with these issues?

colors1.JPGcolors2.JPGcolors3.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:Inoram)

Finally, a support tech that helped me!!!

config.pro option ENABLE_MOLD_EXTRACT_COLORING set to No

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Timely.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:Dale_Rosema)

As far as the person that answered me this time, I opened this case this morning. So in that regard it was quick-ish. BUT why this could not be answered the previous times I asked, I don't know. Maybe multiple rewording of the question and supplying lots of pictures.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

As to the extra surfaces, It doesn't sound like you got a complete answer other than ..."there might be a bug in here somewhere...".

I might suggest you escalate the service ticket to get a better explanation of why the extra surfaces are being generated, and what PTC is planning to do about it in future releases.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Actually, the config.pro setting took care of both.

edit: I am assuming because the generation of extra surfaces is just for adding the ability to have the different colors.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

ohhhhhhh... let us know if that is the case, please

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomD.inPDX)

I did not plan on asking about it more, since it behaves the way I want it now. But I did have some other question I wanted to ask them, and now I forget what it was.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Always good when a problem is solved! Have a great weekend, Matt!

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags