cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

pdf generation question

BobSchwerdlin
3-Visitor

pdf generation question

Hi everyone,

Strange problem over here.

WF 5 (M040)
Win-XP 64 bit
12GB of RAM

I always create my pdf files from WF 5 using the following command:
File, Save a Copy, PDF.
Works great - no problems. Adobe Reader 9.9.3 opens up and I can view the pdf perfectly.

When any of my co-workers try to open up the same pdf, they ALL get an error message and cannot view the file. Also, if any of them try to move the pdf, they also get an error message. It is not a file permission problem.

But if I create a pdf using the following commands:
File, Print, (choose to print via an external pdf generator program, i.e. CutePDF of pdf995 etc.) all is well on everybody's machine.

Any thoughts as to why my pdf files work perfectly on my machine only?

Thanks,

Bob

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I hate to sound like the guy that asks if the computer is plugged in when someone tells me it is not working, but is every one else using the same or leter version of the reader? Maybe the other PDF creators (Cute, 995) are writing a an earlier version PDF that the others' reader cannot open.

That was a fair question, but even the folks with the same version of Adobe reader (9.3.3) cannot open files I created. But they open just fine on my machine. Strange ! Also, it's not a permission related issue. We already looked down that road as well.

I did get one reply that mentioned it was a known WF 5 bug that was fixed in M080. We are on WF 5 M040. I'm going to try an update to M080 later today.

Happy Friday.

Bob
Top Tags